Cafe MERCEARIA E GARRAFEIRA ((( Caves São João )) AMAZING STORY !


Cafe MERCEARIA E GARRAFEIRA - ((( Caves São João ))) = AMAZING STORY !




stopped by this am along el Camino
nicest lady served me grande water, grande coffee w/milk, ham & cheese on bun.
wrote some postcards and she offered to mail them for me.
stamped my passport and I signed cafe's Camino book  ...



visited with this gentleman on my way out and back on trail ...


interesting window and door down the street ...


several miles away i realized i DID NOT PAY !!!!



Met this nice lady as I stopped at a cafe to see how to get back to Cafe to pay



She speaks Portuguese & French - not English
i get her a pen and she writes something about family ...






This young man comes by and offers some interpretation ...


She offers to take payment to the cafe for me 



Shortly up the road I see a business " Caves São João " so I go in to leave a thank you note! Her nephew speaks english, greets me, invites me to join him for sparkling wine at the company ...




The business started by his grandfather ninety-seven years ago!



... we visit and drink what amounts to a bottle of chilled champane.





He invites me to his home for lunch his wife has prepared OMG  tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, fresh fish stew w/potatoes & beef stew & rice & bread & wine & chocolate ice cream and the best fresh peaches from their trees ... visit with them their son who is off to Italy to begin engineering study. OK yes she packed a supper for me to take with me! AND filled my water bottle with chilled water! 





SOME DAY I HOPE TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE THEM FOR A VISIT IN THE USA.